You registered for the fair, you bought your conservative, professional attire and you researched the companies. But now, you actually have to ATTEND THE FAIR. Deep breathe, you’ve got this.
Just remember, the employers are people that started out just like you. Here’s a basic structure of how to approach and lead discussions with the employers.
1. Meet Employers
2. Submit Resume
3. Arrange Interviews
1. Introduce yourself to employers by utilizing your prepared elevator pitch.
2. Collect business cards/LinkedIn contacts.
3. Ask about Spring and Summer 2017 internship opportunities.
Discussions (aka Networking!):
1. Ask questions about recent positive company achievements, news and events.
2. Ask about opportunities for you to get involved in the company and industry.
3. Discuss your resume and ask about any initial feedback they may have.